Today is World Mental Health Day, but honestly, we should be looking at our own mental health and those around us every day. As employers, here are 5 simple things to think about today:
- Know your staff– do you know your team well enough to spot changes in their behaviour and character?
- Communication– do you talk to your team? Would they feel able to talk to you about how they are feeling?
- Support– does your business have ‘support’ in place when employees are feeling stressed, unwell mentally or under pressure?
- Workload– is your team’s workload sustainable? Can you spot the pressure points on your team?
- Training – are your staff suitably trained to feel confident in their role and to perform their duties?
There is lots of work to be done to raise awareness of mental health and stress in the workplace. But today, let’s just think about where our businesses are currently placed at supporting employees in the workplace! Ask yourself these questions honestly….
You can contact the ViewHR team at email@example.com www.viewhr.co.uk