During these difficult times, it’s helpful to let employees know what additional support is out there for them. This may come in the form of financial support whereby an employee’s income has reduced, emotional and mental health support due to the strains of the current pandemic or it could be health concerns owing to health issues going unresolved.
If you have an Employee Assistance Programme, medical cover, or other supporting benefits in place which may assist employees then it’s important to circulate these on a regular basis.
Here are a few links which employees may find useful:
- Financial support for working families (particularly where income has reduced) – https://workingfamilies.org.uk/articles/coronavirus-support/
- Mental health support – https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
- Mental health support – https://www.samaritans.org
- Citizens Advice Bureau – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- Financial support – https://www.gov.uk/income-support
- Financial support – https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/In-Work-on-a-low-income
- Financial support – https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/make-sure-youre-getting-the-right-entitlements
- Mental health support – https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/mental-health-and-stigma/help-and-support
These are difficult times and we are all going to find different ways through these times, each with different needs. Do your best to be a supportive employer and signpost people where you can!